- Model wind turbine.
- Clamp stands
- Hair drier
- Metre rule
- Voltmeter (with mV range)
- Position the hair drier and turbine at the same height.
- Connect the voltmeter to the turbine.
- Use the Metre rule to position the hair drier 10 cm from the turbine.
- Switch on the hair drier and measure the voltage output of the turbine.
- Repeat this increasing the distance between the turbine and the hair drier by 10 cm each time.
- You may want to repeat each reading twice in order to calculate mean values.