We are going to investigate how the light levels affect the output voltage of the solar cell.
- Solar cell
- Connecting leads
- Desk Lamp
- Metre Rule
- Connect the voltmeter to the solar cell.
- Use the Metre rule to position the lamp 100cm from the cell.
- Switch on the lamp and measure the output voltage.
- Move the lamp 10cm closer to the cell and take another reading.
- Continue until the lamp is only 10cm from the cell.
- You may want to repeat the readings so that mean values can be found.
The lamp used may become hot during the investigation particularly the bulb, take care when moving the lamp to avoid burns.